Every day, when my husband comes home, he asks me how my day was. He never used to do that until about two years ago... And the reason for it? Somehow, he is convinced that my work is much more interesting than his own job! I'm not sure about that, but my life now seems to be much more varied than couple of years ago, when I still worked as Managing Director...
So what have I been up to last week?
|Cocoa & Heart Open Day House - Summer 2013|
- My mum arrived with her friend causing chaos and bringing with her loads of Czech magazines, bread and cheeses. My favorite childhood actors are getting older and I can't recognise most of the celebrities.
- Skirted around my 38th birthday and didn't win the lottery draw on the same day.
- Instead of my birthday present I spend my money on ordering some fantastic Varlhona chocolate (nothing to do with the painter, but equally brilliant!), origin chocolates from Java and new packaging for my Autumn Chocolate Range.
- Found out I had few more white hairs (not even grey, but straight white - so unfair!!!)
- I have taken the plunge and registered on Trip Adviser for my Cocoa & Heart Bread & Chocolate Courses and I'm now officially listed as the 4th of things to do in Bexleyheath (there is only 5 attractions and one of them is a national hotel chain...)
- Managed to temper chocolate in 25C heat in my kitchen. Not easy and it took a few attempts, but at least I know, it's possible.
- Got more and more into SEO for my website and seriously know more than my brain take physically take. What I don't know, I can't fit in! I have re-done all the website keywords and title tags and I'm perfectly aware, that with this post I'm completely confusing the poor search engines...
- Opened my house for the 4th time for a whole day and it was great to see some familiar faces and meet loads of new ones. Everyone had the chance to taste our new chocolates, truffles, cakes and I got up early that morning to bake bread, which disappeared very quickly. During the day we welcomed back some of my courses students and it was great to catch up on how they are getting on with their bread baking. People enjoyed the new chocolate truffles and I even got blamed for getting people addicted to my Salted Caramel Truffles!
- My website was chosen as an example by Create - the company I built my website with. This was completely unexpected and it was slightly surreal to see my Cocoa & Heart website on their page.
- Royal baby was born on my name day and strangely is not called Magdalena...
|Salted Caramel Truffles|