Handmade with Love

There are always few weekends in November where I think I could do with about 8 weekends in one month. It's the start of a festive season and craft fairs are in a full swing.

This weekend I had the privilege to be part of a Handmade with Love festive fair organised by the wonderful team from Apple Ducks. I thought I would mention the organisers first as it's rare to find such a dedicated team. From promoting the event to sourcing out the right type of stalls (of course all handmade and 'strictly' checked for quality) and looking after their stallholders, Jo and Stephanie are really one in a million! 

After I have been doing craft fairs for about 15 years, I really appreciate the extra touches - cup of coffee when they know I'm on my own on the stall, freshly baked granola bars mid morning (after most of us had early start, driven to the venue, set up stall and started to breath again!) and the top professionalism of knowing how to organise a superb event, that people queue to get in before it opens.


My Christmas Pudding Truffles with Raisins, Orange,  Cinnamon and loads of rum!

To make the fair even more special, each stall had something personal written about them. This is what was on my stall:




About Cocoa & Heart: Cocoa & Heart is all about chocolates handmade in our Victorian Kitchen in Kent. We use local fresh cream, lavender and raspberries picked in summer on farm and best French and Belgium chocolate to create our signature chocolate truffles.


Cocoa & Heart was born in 2012 out of real passion for all things handmade, when Magdalena realised that Managing Director’s job was not really for her. So, she decided to follow her love for chocolate, baking and teaching. 


Fact: When not making chocolates, Magdalena is happiest walking in the hilly countryside listening to Hancock’s Half Hour on ipod. She is probably the only Czech person under 40 who does that!

Gingerbread House made with medieval recipe and lemon icing.
I have enjoyed the whole day - being busy talking to customers about my chocolates, courses and history of medieval gingerbread recipes. I thought my little write up would provoke people into saying that 'I'm definitely the ONLY person listening to Hancock, but to my delight I met a little boy, who,s mum told me he loves Hancock too and we had a great chat about which episode was the best one! 

The whole day went really quickly and I was glad I had considerably less to pack up then I had in the morning. It was a great day and I'm already looking forward to my next adventure with Apple Ducks this weekend. 



Now it's Monday and I'm writing this post in the local garage, whilst waiting for my punctured tyre to be sorted. Well, not everything can always go right...

Look forward to find out what everyone else is up to this Handmade Monday.



4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time, I've only done a few fairs but I can already appreciate it when someone offers you a cup of tea whilst you're busy! I hope your next one is as successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a super time. I've never had a stall before but I'm sure little touches like a cup of tea would make all the difference. The pudding truffles looks yummy and the gingerbread house is devine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab, sounds like an all round success! I love your quirky profile, and a well run fair makes all the difference doesn't it! The pudding truffles look delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an all round success! I love your quirky blurb, and the pudding truffles look delicious! A well run fair can make all the difference too can't it :) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

 

Keep in touch